Selecting the links in this section will open threads of previous HCDL discussions that
turned out to be worthwhile. Like most discussion groups, we spend much of our time just
tossing things around. Sometimes, though, we strike gold. We've captured some of those
Remember when you look at these information sources that you are looking at discussions.
They ebb and flow and rotate around topics. If you want finished material, go to night
school. If you want worthwhile discussions, try:
- Evangelism - struggling with our calling to preach the
- Preaching - this thread begins by discussing
preaching but moves on to address the gifts as a whole putting both preaching and the rest
of the gifts into a balanced perspective.
- Leadership - this thread is actually about a bunch of
issues related to leadership as well (including agendas at meetings and other things)
- Authority - another, more recent (Jan. 1999)
thread about leadership and authority
- Start-ups - a discussion about features that make
start-up home churches long-lived
- What do you do with the kids? - we come back to this one
all the time
- Home school and home church - a thread exploring
relationships and differences between them
- Open and closed - home churches actually have to decide
about whether they will be open or closed; we tried to sort out the problem in this thread
- Paid pastors - paying pastors, as a social
convention, within and outside of home churches
- Baptism - how do various home churches deal with
baptism, infant and otherwise?
- Marriage - and, while you're at it, how about
- The role of fathers - a discussion on how fathers fit
into the family picture with a look at some of the struggles of being a father.
Have any comments, complaints,
suggestions, or questions?